Volunteers are the heart of the Falmouth Service Center and are essential to its mission to create strong support networks among clients, agencies and neighbors. More than 450 volunteers log thousands of hours annually in support of our neighbors in need.
Why do we engage volunteers? Among many other things, FSC volunteers:
- Distribute more than 4,680 bags of groceries to clients each month in our food pantry,
- Ensure that FSC clients have access to healthy, nutritious food, including fresh fruits and vegetables,
- Support homebound individuals by packing and delivering their groceries so that they may live independent lives,
- Provide more than 300 Falmouth school children with new clothes or a new backpack and school supplies to start school each fall,
- Offer gently used clothing and household items in our Clothing Room, as well as great bargain shopping at our Emerald House Thrift Shop,
- Assist clients with their applications for Fuel Assistance and SNAP/food stamps, and financial assistance.
- Bring our community together to break down barriers at community meals, mobile markets and other FSC gatherings.
Want to become a volunteer?
If you’re interested in learning more about joining the FSC volunteer force, click here to complete and submit a volunteer application. If you have any other questions about becoming a volunteer at the Falmouth Service Center, please email us or give us a call at 508-548-2794.
Thank you for your interest.